AUSTRALIA: Petaluma to import US wines
Australian premium wine producer is to import and distribute wines from Washington State's Stimson Lane and new subsidiary, Oregon's Argyle Winery.Petaluma has launched a new marketing and sales subsidiary, called Distinguished Vineyards, to handle its Stonier and Smithbrook brands and, from July 1, 2001, its Petaluma, Croser, Bridgewater Mill, Sharefarmers, Mitchelton, Prece and Knappstein brands.Stimson Lane and Petaluma jointly own the Smithbrook and Bridgewater Mill labels which Stimson Lane is to market in the US.Petaluma chairman, Brian Croser, said that the new venture was a response to the rapidly changing world of global wine distribution in which "big is becoming bigger for both supplier and distributor and strategic relationships are being formed between them to the potential detriment of small, independent companies."Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends