AUSTRALIA: Petaluma to import US wines
Australian premium wine producer is to import and distribute wines from Washington State's Stimson Lane and new subsidiary, Oregon's Argyle Winery.Petaluma has launched a new marketing and sales subsidiary, called Distinguished Vineyards, to handle its Stonier and Smithbrook brands and, from July 1, 2001, its Petaluma, Croser, Bridgewater Mill, Sharefarmers, Mitchelton, Prece and Knappstein brands.Stimson Lane and Petaluma jointly own the Smithbrook and Bridgewater Mill labels which Stimson Lane is to market in the US.Petaluma chairman, Brian Croser, said that the new venture was a response to the rapidly changing world of global wine distribution in which "big is becoming bigger for both supplier and distributor and strategic relationships are being formed between them to the potential detriment of small, independent companies."Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits