Aus: Petaluma appeals to court over controversial Coonawarra boundary
The official decision defining the premium Coonawarra wine region -delivered last month, seven years after the issue was first raised - is now destined for the courts.When the deadline for appeals, to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, against the decision closed last week, 46 had been lodged. They included one from publicly-listed Petaluma Limited whose Sharefarmers' vineyard lies outside the declared boundary of the famed cigar-shaped, "terra rossa" strip.The Geographical Indications Committee of the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation last month ruled on the boundary, which has led to the appeals.Mildara Blass has appealed, as have interests connected with St Marys Vineyard winery and Rymill Wines. Many other appellants are grapegrowers, consigned by the GIC decisions to the neighbouring regions of Penola or Wrattonbully.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends