Aus: Petaluma appeals to court over controversial Coonawarra boundary
The official decision defining the premium Coonawarra wine region -delivered last month, seven years after the issue was first raised - is now destined for the courts.When the deadline for appeals, to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, against the decision closed last week, 46 had been lodged. They included one from publicly-listed Petaluma Limited whose Sharefarmers' vineyard lies outside the declared boundary of the famed cigar-shaped, "terra rossa" strip.The Geographical Indications Committee of the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation last month ruled on the boundary, which has led to the appeals.Mildara Blass has appealed, as have interests connected with St Marys Vineyard winery and Rymill Wines. Many other appellants are grapegrowers, consigned by the GIC decisions to the neighbouring regions of Penola or Wrattonbully.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research