SWITZERLAND: Perrier still a possible sale - Nestle
Nestle has not ruled out selling its Perrier water brand. The French company's chief executive told journalists yesterday that the option remains a possibility.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of drug company Roche Holding's shareholders' meeting, Peter Brabeck said: "You have to keep all doors open and one of them is the possibility of selling (Perrier)."
Workers and management at Perrier have been in disagreement since November last year, when Nestle announced changes to employment practices, including plans for early retirement. The French CGT union, which represents over 80% of workers at the Perrier factory, opposes the move.
Brabeck also told journalists that 4,800 French employees produce 1 billion litres of mineral water in France, while 1,800 employees produce the same amount of water in Italy.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Swiss multinational Nestlé has reported a robust set of figures for the first nine months of 2005 with organic sales up 5.8%....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends