GREECE: Perrier makes Greek acquisition in run up to Olympics
The group hopes the acquisition will enable it to consolidate its position in the delivery of bottled water to offices and homes in Europe.
In a statement has issued a statement, Perrier said Aqua Spring had a indicating turnover of €2m and accounted for 30% of the market.
The company expects the volume of Aqua Spring activities have increased threefold by Summer 2004, when the Greek capital Athens is to host the Summer Olympic Games, with growth continuing at a double digit rate after that.
Perrier Vittel#;s Greek operations already include the distribution of its Perrier, Vittel and San Pellegrino brands, and the exploitation of its local brand Korpi, the second domestic bottled water brand with a market share of 18.5%.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK