UK: Peroni becomes fastest growing beer brand
SABMiller said today (15 May) that its premium imported Italian beer, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, has become the UK's fastest growing premium beer brand, growing at a rate of over 39% last year.
Alan Clark, managing director for SABMiller Europe said: "The premium lager market is currently polarised; a number of large, household names are suffering in terms of both volume and value, whilst Peroni Nastro Azzurro enjoys significant gains. We firmly believe that this is attributable to the robust distribution and pricing strategy we have implemented and the engaging marketing activities of our UK team.
"Whilst other brands are being heavily discounted, we are consciously taking a very different approach. Peroni Nastro Azzurro offers UK consumers a truly aspirational, premium beer which is helping to restore value to the UK market."
The company said it followed a focused sales strategy for the brand in the UK, with distributors Miller Brands UK following "a disciplined distribution model to ensure that the brand is stocked and marketed in outlets that can ensure throughput and quality."
Peroni Nastro Azzurro is brewed by SABMiller's Italian subsidiary, S.p.A. Birra Peroni.
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
SABMiller has said it aims to cut water use at its breweries by a quarter by 2015, as part of its UN commitment to sustainable development....
SABMiller has reported a 4% revenue rise for its first half, but warned of weakening consumer demand in many markets....
Miller Brands UK has appointed Darren Tendler as its sales director....
MillerCoors plans to cut up to 350 jobs over the next six months, as part of a the brewer's cost savings plan....
Molson Coors has reported a 28% rise in net income for its third quarter....
MillerCoors, the US-based brewer jointly owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, has reported a 15% rise in third quarter net income....
Graham Mackay, the CEO of SABMiller, has been elected to sit on the board of tobacco giant Philip Morris International....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research