UK: Peroni becomes fastest growing beer brand
SABMiller said today (15 May) that its premium imported Italian beer, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, has become the UK's fastest growing premium beer brand, growing at a rate of over 39% last year.
Alan Clark, managing director for SABMiller Europe said: "The premium lager market is currently polarised; a number of large, household names are suffering in terms of both volume and value, whilst Peroni Nastro Azzurro enjoys significant gains. We firmly believe that this is attributable to the robust distribution and pricing strategy we have implemented and the engaging marketing activities of our UK team.
"Whilst other brands are being heavily discounted, we are consciously taking a very different approach. Peroni Nastro Azzurro offers UK consumers a truly aspirational, premium beer which is helping to restore value to the UK market."
The company said it followed a focused sales strategy for the brand in the UK, with distributors Miller Brands UK following "a disciplined distribution model to ensure that the brand is stocked and marketed in outlets that can ensure throughput and quality."
Peroni Nastro Azzurro is brewed by SABMiller's Italian subsidiary, S.p.A. Birra Peroni.
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
SABMiller has said it aims to cut water use at its breweries by a quarter by 2015, as part of its UN commitment to sustainable development....
SABMiller has reported a 4% revenue rise for its first half, but warned of weakening consumer demand in many markets....
Miller Brands UK has appointed Darren Tendler as its sales director....
MillerCoors plans to cut up to 350 jobs over the next six months, as part of a the brewer's cost savings plan....
Molson Coors has reported a 28% rise in net income for its third quarter....
MillerCoors, the US-based brewer jointly owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, has reported a 15% rise in third quarter net income....
Graham Mackay, the CEO of SABMiller, has been elected to sit on the board of tobacco giant Philip Morris International....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report