SINGAPORE: Pernod’s Martell joins French palace for VSOP launch
The company said yesterday (29 November), that it has made an investment of around EUR800,000 (US$1.2m) in "a number of activities" with the Louis XIV palace. Among the spend, initiatives involve sponsorship of the exhibition 'When Versailles Was Furnished With Silver', and the introduction of 'VSOP Chateau de Versailles Exclusive Edition' into Singapore Changi Airport's new terminal, T3, in January.
The exhibition, held inside the palace, will run until March, whilst Martell's partnership with the Royal Palace of Versailles shall extend until 2012, the company said.
The limited edition bottle, bearing the Versailles' 'Sun King' motif, will be packaged in "a gift box that opens in the shape of a golden flower".
Pernod Ricard Asia managing director Alexandre Ricard said: "Premiumisation has always existed. There's always 'better' and people always want 'better'. Passengers are trading up brands and going for more premium versions of products.
A lot of the traffic in the region is driven by the Chinese travellers, and we're still seeing strong growth from the Korean passengers. Passengers in duty free are really buoyant when it comes to exclusive limited editions. It creates a little bit of dynamism in the brands," added Ricard.
VSOP Chateau de Versailles Exclusive Edition will be available from Singapore travel retail at SG$99 ($69) per 1-litre bottle.
A net loss in the last fiscal year and the global credit crunch may have led some to believe that Constellation Brands' rampaging acquisitive growth strategy may have to be put on hold. In the second ...
This year sees the launch of Distil, a dedicated spirits show to complement the London International Wine Fair. But, writes Chris Losh, having already failed to secure enough big spirits producers as ...
The head of Pernod Ricard has suggested that the French group may look to acquire extra vines or wines in the Champagne region going forward....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The prospective head of Pernod Ricard has warned that there could be a reduction in the number of flavoured editions of the Absolut vodka brand going forward....
Pernod Ricard is launching a GBP14m (US$27.6m) two-year marketing campaign in the UK for its Caribbean rum brand Malibu....
Pernod Ricard has seen its rating downgraded by Citigroup. The investment bank has cut its recommendation to "hold" from "buy"....
Vin & Sprit has unveiled an addition to its Cruzan flavoured rum portfolio in the US....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages