POLAND: Pernod/Polmos Bialystok distribution deal
Drinks giant Pernod Ricard has signed a five-year deal with Polish vodka producer Polmos Bialystok for the European distribution rights to its Zubrowka vodka brand.
Commenting on the deal, which does not include distribution in either Poland or Russia a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks.com: "In western Europe Zubrowka is a very well known vodka but has a very limited share of the market. So we have to re-design the strategy and marketing of the brand.
"It is going to take a few years but we are confident that this will go fast," he added.
The Zubrowka distribution deal comes just a week after Pernod Ricard acquired Poland's second largest vodka producer, Polmos Poznan and its lucrative Wyborowa brand for a reported US$71m.
"Wyborowa is also moving very quickly too at over 20% a year. Thanks to the Pernod network and the fact that we are now in control of the global strategies we are confident that we are going to make Wyborowa a world hit," a Pernod spokesperson told just-drinks.com.
No financial details of the distribution deal with Polmos Bialystok were disclosed.
Strategic Review 2000 Pernod Ricard
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research