POLAND: Pernod will sacrifice vodka rights for Polmos prize
Pernod Ricard is ready to end its ongoing vodka trademark disputes with the Polish state treasury, on condition it takes full control of Polmos Poznan, producer of the popular Wyborowa brand. According to the Polish press, the negotiations with Pernod Ricard's Polish subsidiary Agros Holdings, which have been taking place for over a year now, have reached a deadlock due to political pressure from Poland's opposition party. Agros holds the export rights to the vodkas Wyborowa and Zubrowka Bison grass and some politicians are opposed to a foreign company owning what they regard as state assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends