POLAND: Pernod will sacrifice vodka rights for Polmos prize
Pernod Ricard is ready to end its ongoing vodka trademark disputes with the Polish state treasury, on condition it takes full control of Polmos Poznan, producer of the popular Wyborowa brand. According to the Polish press, the negotiations with Pernod Ricard's Polish subsidiary Agros Holdings, which have been taking place for over a year now, have reached a deadlock due to political pressure from Poland's opposition party. Agros holds the export rights to the vodkas Wyborowa and Zubrowka Bison grass and some politicians are opposed to a foreign company owning what they regard as state assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts