POLAND: Pernod will sacrifice vodka rights for Polmos prize
Pernod Ricard is ready to end its ongoing vodka trademark disputes with the Polish state treasury, on condition it takes full control of Polmos Poznan, producer of the popular Wyborowa brand. According to the Polish press, the negotiations with Pernod Ricard's Polish subsidiary Agros Holdings, which have been taking place for over a year now, have reached a deadlock due to political pressure from Poland's opposition party. Agros holds the export rights to the vodkas Wyborowa and Zubrowka Bison grass and some politicians are opposed to a foreign company owning what they regard as state assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends