POLAND: Pernod will sacrifice vodka rights for Polmos prize
Pernod Ricard is ready to end its ongoing vodka trademark disputes with the Polish state treasury, on condition it takes full control of Polmos Poznan, producer of the popular Wyborowa brand. According to the Polish press, the negotiations with Pernod Ricard's Polish subsidiary Agros Holdings, which have been taking place for over a year now, have reached a deadlock due to political pressure from Poland's opposition party. Agros holds the export rights to the vodkas Wyborowa and Zubrowka Bison grass and some politicians are opposed to a foreign company owning what they regard as state assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages