POLAND: Pernod will sacrifice vodka rights for Polmos prize
According to the Polish press, the negotiations with Pernod Ricard's Polish
subsidiary Agros Holdings, which have been taking place for over a year now,
have reached a deadlock due to political pressure from Poland's opposition party.
Agros holds the export rights to the vodkas Wyborowa and Zubrowka Bison grass
and some politicians are opposed to a foreign company owning what they regard
as state assets.
Under the agreement, Pernod Ricard will receive exclusive rights to negotiate
the terms of privatisation with the state treasury. The treasury has said it
wants to pass the distribution and trademark rights of the country's spirits
brands back to the individual Polmoses (distilleries).
The Polish press claim that potential bidders interested in Poznan, such as
the Eckes/Vin & Sprit consortium, and Royal Bols Distilleries, have turned
their attentions to participate in the tender of Polmos Zielona Gora. All three
companies and the Underberg/Adamba consortium are on the shortlist, the report
Pernod Ricard was unavailable to comment.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets