US: Pernod unveils Beefeater 24 at gin synposium
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin division of Pernod Ricard, unveiled Beefeater 24, a super premium extension to its Beefeater gin brand, in London late last year.
Beefeater 24 takes its name from its 24-hour steeping process, while also plays on London's reputed 24-hour lifestyle, Pernod said.
The wine and spirits company has been using its Beefeater brand to push an education programme about gin in the US. The company recently hosted full day gin synposiums in New York and San Franscisco. It used these events as the launch pad for the brand.
The events, presented by Beefeater, featured leading experts on gin and mixology, and were aimed at the trade and media guests.
"Gin is a complex and distinct spirit with a character and history to rival any other," said Juli Falkoff, marketing director for Beefeater Gin, Pernod Ricard USA. "To truly know gin is to understand gin from it's storied past to its rightful place in today's most popular and fashionable cocktails. Pernod Ricard boasts a portfolio of the world's best selling gin brands including Seagram's Gin, Beefeater London Dry Gin and Plymouth Gin so it makes sense that we, as a company, take the lead in educating our trade partners, the media and indirectly, consumers, on the opportunities and possibilities of gin."
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
Bacardi Brown-Forman has unveiled a global print campaign for its Bombay Sapphire gin brand....
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts