FRANCE: Pernod to sell off Cusenier
Pernod Ricard has confirmed press reports claiming that it is to sell the Cusenier unit. A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks today (12 October) that it will sell the maker of French aperitif drinks, because it is "not super-premium and not international."
"Although there is no timetable in place for the sale yet," the spokesperson said, "Pernod Ricard wants to focus more of its efforts on its international brands."
A report in French paper Les Echos today suggested that La Martiniquaise-Bardinet and Davide Campari Milano were potential bidders. No sources were cited in the story, however.
Cusenier produces aperitif beverages such as Suze, Dubonnet and Byrrh.
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
Citigroup Smith Barney has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat