FRANCE: Pernod to cut Martell & Co jobs by almost a quarter
The job cuts (113 out of total of 465) concern the Martell and Renault-Bisquit brands.
Restructuring will centre largely on the regrouping of bottling plants at Renault-Bisquit's site at Rouillac, in the Cognac heartland.
On acquiring Martell from Seagram at the end of last year, Pernod Ricard discovered surplus stocks totalling around 450,000 litres of Martell Cognac, the equivalent of between 3% and 4.5% of annual volumes. This led to a drop in output of 18% in the first quarter of 2002.
Martell is also reported to be overstocked with eaux-de-vie, having earlier this year announced it would be reducing by half its purchases from the 2002-2003 harvest.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK