FRANCE: Pernod takes on global distribution for Sandeman
Pernod Ricard, the French spirits and wines group, is to take on the international distribution of Sandeman Port and Sherry for owners Sogrape, having agreed to sell the brands to the Portuguese wine group only last December.
Sogrape entered into an agreement to purchase Sandeman last December, when it was put up for sale by Diageo and Pernod Ricard following their joint purchase of the Seagram spirits and wine business.
The Portuguese Group is already well established in the port market (with the Ferreira and Offley brands).
The agreement grants Pernod Ricard worldwide distribution rights to the Sandeman brand (Port and Sherry). Its main markets are in Europe (France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Holland and the UK) and in North America (USA and Canada).
"This agreement adds to Pernod Ricard's portfolio one of the leading Port & Sherry brands. The alliance represents a real opportunity for the development of the Sandeman brand within the Pernod Ricard distribution network, recently strengthened through the Seagram acquisition," Pernod said in a statement.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly