US: Pernod sells whiskies to Sazerac
"We are sharply focused on the development of our premium brands. The decision to divest these two brands follows a strategic review of our portfolio," said Pernod Ricard USA president and CEO Alain Barbet on Friday (29 September).
Sazerac CEO Mark Brown said he was "delighted" at the company's acquisitions. He added: "They will comprise a very important part of our portfolio."
Sazerac, based in New Orleans, commands a spirits stable including Buffalo Trace bourbon and Rain vodka.
The two brands - Rich & Rare and Royal Canadian Whiskey - were sold for an undisclosed sum.
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
V&S Group is mulling whether to launch a television push behind flagship vodka Absolut in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka has appointed a general director to oversee expansion both at home and abroad. Carlo Radicati will assume the position at the company, which is owned by Russian billionaire Rous...
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a line extension to its rum brand Mailbu....
Pernod Ricard has lined up two flavour extensions for its Kahlua coffee liqueur....
Bacardi is looking to take its bid for the Spanish rights to Havana Club rum to the country's Supreme Court....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research