FRANCE: Pernod sells BWG for €220m
Pernod Ricard has announced that it has has sold its retail subsidiary BWG Group Limited (BWG), to Electra Partners Europe (Electra). Under Electra's ownership the existing management of BWG, led by Leo Crawford, will continue with the business. Pernod Ricard will receive €220m from Electra, of which €15 million is in the form of a loan note. Adjusting BWG's profits onto a normalised basis, Pernod Ricard estimates that in 2001 BWG would have had an EBIT of approximately €31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery