FRANCE: Pernod sells BWG for €220m
Pernod Ricard has announced that it has has sold its retail subsidiary BWG Group Limited (BWG), to Electra Partners Europe (Electra). Under Electra's ownership the existing management of BWG, led by Leo Crawford, will continue with the business. Pernod Ricard will receive €220m from Electra, of which €15 million is in the form of a loan note. Adjusting BWG's profits onto a normalised basis, Pernod Ricard estimates that in 2001 BWG would have had an EBIT of approximately €31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman