FRANCE: Pernod sells BWG for €220m
Pernod Ricard has announced that it has has sold its retail subsidiary BWG Group Limited (BWG), to Electra Partners Europe (Electra). Under Electra's ownership the existing management of BWG, led by Leo Crawford, will continue with the business. Pernod Ricard will receive €220m from Electra, of which €15 million is in the form of a loan note. Adjusting BWG's profits onto a normalised basis, Pernod Ricard estimates that in 2001 BWG would have had an EBIT of approximately €31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report