FRANCE: Pernod sells BWG for €220m
Pernod Ricard has announced that it has has sold its retail subsidiary BWG Group Limited (BWG), to Electra Partners Europe (Electra). Under Electra's ownership the existing management of BWG, led by Leo Crawford, will continue with the business. Pernod Ricard will receive €220m from Electra, of which €15 million is in the form of a loan note. Adjusting BWG's profits onto a normalised basis, Pernod Ricard estimates that in 2001 BWG would have had an EBIT of approximately €31m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts