Product Launch - EUR: Pernod Ricard's Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, single pot still, 46% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Ireland, France, Germany and online via The Whisky Exchange
Price - RRP of EUR65 (US$81) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers has re-launched Yellow Spot as part of its Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey range, which was re-introduced last year.
The whiskey was originally produced, bottled and sold by Dublin-based wine merchants Mitchell & Son, which used to age whiskeys bought from John Jameson’s Dublin distillery in their own casks until 1968. Thereafter, the Green Spot Irish whiskey was bottled by Irish Distillers, and is now joined by Yellow Spot 12 Year Old.
The whiskey will be produced annually in batches of 500 cases, and will be available in Ireland through Mitchell & Son, in France through La Maison du Whisky and in Germany through Irisch Lifestyle.
The division intends to introduce new Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey expressions each year.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
The head of Indian alcohol production and retail company the Wave Group was shot dead in Delhi last weekend....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk