Product Launch - EUR: Pernod Ricard's Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, single pot still, 46% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Ireland, France, Germany and online via The Whisky Exchange
Price - RRP of EUR65 (US$81) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers has re-launched Yellow Spot as part of its Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey range, which was re-introduced last year.
The whiskey was originally produced, bottled and sold by Dublin-based wine merchants Mitchell & Son, which used to age whiskeys bought from John Jameson’s Dublin distillery in their own casks until 1968. Thereafter, the Green Spot Irish whiskey was bottled by Irish Distillers, and is now joined by Yellow Spot 12 Year Old.
The whiskey will be produced annually in batches of 500 cases, and will be available in Ireland through Mitchell & Son, in France through La Maison du Whisky and in Germany through Irisch Lifestyle.
The division intends to introduce new Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey expressions each year.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
The head of Indian alcohol production and retail company the Wave Group was shot dead in Delhi last weekend....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015