Product Launch - EUR: Pernod Ricard's Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, single pot still, 46% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Ireland, France, Germany and online via The Whisky Exchange
Price - RRP of EUR65 (US$81) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers has re-launched Yellow Spot as part of its Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey range, which was re-introduced last year.
The whiskey was originally produced, bottled and sold by Dublin-based wine merchants Mitchell & Son, which used to age whiskeys bought from John Jameson’s Dublin distillery in their own casks until 1968. Thereafter, the Green Spot Irish whiskey was bottled by Irish Distillers, and is now joined by Yellow Spot 12 Year Old.
The whiskey will be produced annually in batches of 500 cases, and will be available in Ireland through Mitchell & Son, in France through La Maison du Whisky and in Germany through Irisch Lifestyle.
The division intends to introduce new Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey expressions each year.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
The head of Indian alcohol production and retail company the Wave Group was shot dead in Delhi last weekend....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018