Product Launch - UK: Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Quercus
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Quercus
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 59.9% abv
Available - From 7 May
Location - UK, exclusively from The Whisky Shop stores or www.whiskyshop.com
Price - GBP200 (US$307.50) per 70cl bottle, limited to 250 units
Distribution - The Whisky Shop
Pernod Ricard has teamed up with The Whisky Shop to launch a limited edition single cask variant of its The Glenlivet single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The 17-year-old expression has been aged in American white oak. 'Quercus' means oak in Latin. Each bottle is labelled with the cask name and number and bottling date.
The Whisky Shop has 21 stores in the UK.
Earlier this week, Pernod posted a 5% lift in sales in the nine months to the end of March.
The Single Malt that Started it All, The Glenlivet is proud to present a rare and collectible single cask whisky aged for 17 years in American white oak or ‘Quercus Alba’, The Glenlivet Quercus.
Aged in just one cask, there are only 250 bottles of The Glenlivet Quercus in existence, which will be available in the UK from 7 May for £200 exclusively from The Whisky Shop stores or www.whiskyshop.com. The Glenlivet Quercus will join The Whisky Shop’s collection of rare and fine whiskies from the Pernod Ricard portfolio, including Royal Salute and Chivas Regal.
Each bottle of The Glenlivet Quercus is individually labelled with the cask number, cask name, age and bottling date; a record of the rarity of the whisky, which will never again be produced.
With thanks to cask strength bottling, non-chill filtration, and of course single cask aging, each bottle of The Glenlivet Quercus is as pure as possible. The American white oak gives The Glenlivet Quercus a wonderful depth of flavour and rich golden hue, with mellow, soft notes and a long finish:
- Nose: Soft, ripe red apples intertwined with baked almonds. Mellow floral notes crescendo into a zesty flourish.
- Taste: A soft, smooth, creaminess gradually develops until the whisky hints at chewy, sticky toffee. A delicate floral note creeps in, which lingers tantalisingly until a final burst of Seville orange rounds it off.
- Finish: Long, sweet and very slightly dry.
Vicky Wood, Head of Marketing (Champagne, Whisky and Cognac), Pernod Ricard UK said, “In 2005, The Glenlivet released the first of its single cask bottlings, and we are very pleased to announce that in 2013, whisky enthusiasts and collectors alike will be able to purchase The Glenlivet Quercus in the UK, and enjoy its unique and distinctive character.”
Andrew Torrance, Managing Director of The Whisky Shop, said: “We’re delighted to be able to offer this unique bottling to The Whisky Shop customers at all of our 21 stores, including our Piccadilly flagship, as well as online at www.whiskyshop.com. The Glenlivet Quercus is a distinctive and rare product that will excite whisky enthusiasts across the country.”
Original source: Company Release
just-drinks continues its management briefing series on environmental sustainability this month, with a focus on the spirits industry. Part one of this four-part briefing considers the broader value c...
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, looking at environmental sustainability in the spirits industry, Ben Cooper highlights the need to work closely with suppliers....
just-drinks continues its management briefing series on environmental sustainability this month, with a focus on the spirits industry. This, the penultimate part of the four-part briefing, turns the s...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends