Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour'
Click through to see Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour'
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended
Available - From this month
Location - Global
Price - US$200,000 per 1-litre bottle, plus local duty and taxes
Distribution - Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers unit
Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour' is a 45-year-old, blended Scotch whisky in a 1-litre flagon modelled by Garrard and based on the Scottish crown jewels (the Honours of Scotland).
Just 20 bottles will be available worldwide for direct sale by Chivas Brothers to qualified potential buyers who will be invited to view the bottle with Master Blender Colin Scott.
The flagon, which is encrusted with more than 400 diamonds and gold and silver detailing, comes with a miniature of the whisky for those buyers reluctant to break the seal on the large bottle. The contents are said to be “cask strength”.
Chivas Brothers quote the price as $200,000 per bottle “plus local duty and taxes”, according to the buyer’s location, and anticipate interest primarily from collectors in the Far East.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research