Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour'
Click through to see Pernod Ricard's Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour'
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended
Available - From this month
Location - Global
Price - US$200,000 per 1-litre bottle, plus local duty and taxes
Distribution - Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers unit
Royal Salute 'Tribute to Honour' is a 45-year-old, blended Scotch whisky in a 1-litre flagon modelled by Garrard and based on the Scottish crown jewels (the Honours of Scotland).
Just 20 bottles will be available worldwide for direct sale by Chivas Brothers to qualified potential buyers who will be invited to view the bottle with Master Blender Colin Scott.
The flagon, which is encrusted with more than 400 diamonds and gold and silver detailing, comes with a miniature of the whisky for those buyers reluctant to break the seal on the large bottle. The contents are said to be “cask strength”.
Chivas Brothers quote the price as $200,000 per bottle “plus local duty and taxes”, according to the buyer’s location, and anticipate interest primarily from collectors in the Far East.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report