Product Launch - US/IRELAND: Pernod Ricard's Powers Signature Release
Click through to view an image of the bottles
Pernod Ricard's Powers Signature Release
Category - Spirits, Irish whiskey, single pot still, 46% abv
Available - From September
Location - US, Ireland
Price - US$45 per bottle
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers division has added a new single pot still whiskey to its Powers range.
Powers Signature Release, with an abv of 46%, is being launched in the US and Ireland this month. The blend has been matured mainly in Bourbon barrels with the “subtle inclusion of whiskey matured in Spanish Oloroso sherry casks”, Irish Distillers said.
The brand was first premiered in the US at WhiskyFest Chicago in April this year.
Meanwhile, the company has also changed the recipe and revamped the packaging for its Powers Gold Label expression. The whiskey has a lower abv of 43.2% and will be non-chill filtered.
The updated packaging “reflects the super-premium nature of the whiskey”, the company said. It last gave the product a makeover in 2009.
Antonia McCahon has been Pernod Ricard's head of digital for four-and-a-half months, taking on the newly-created post after working with a range of consumer goods companies. just-drinks caught up with...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
Wine in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018