Product Launch - US/IRELAND: Pernod Ricard's Powers Signature Release
Click through to view an image of the bottles
Pernod Ricard's Powers Signature Release
Category - Spirits, Irish whiskey, single pot still, 46% abv
Available - From September
Location - US, Ireland
Price - US$45 per bottle
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers division has added a new single pot still whiskey to its Powers range.
Powers Signature Release, with an abv of 46%, is being launched in the US and Ireland this month. The blend has been matured mainly in Bourbon barrels with the “subtle inclusion of whiskey matured in Spanish Oloroso sherry casks”, Irish Distillers said.
The brand was first premiered in the US at WhiskyFest Chicago in April this year.
Meanwhile, the company has also changed the recipe and revamped the packaging for its Powers Gold Label expression. The whiskey has a lower abv of 43.2% and will be non-chill filtered.
The updated packaging “reflects the super-premium nature of the whiskey”, the company said. It last gave the product a makeover in 2009.
Antonia McCahon has been Pernod Ricard's head of digital for four-and-a-half months, taking on the newly-created post after working with a range of consumer goods companies. just-drinks caught up with...
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020