Product Launch - EUROPE: Pernod Ricard's Powers John’s Lane Release, Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy
Click through to see Pernod Ricard's single pot still Irish whiskey portfolio
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, single pot still, both 46%abv
Available - From this month
Location - Initially only in Europe (Key markets: Ireland, France, Germany and UK) but the plan is to eventually introduce them into the US
Price - SRP of EUR50 (US$73) per 70cl of Powers John’s Lane Release, EUR160 per 70cl of Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy
Distribution - Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers
Pernod Ricard has lined up two new single pot still Irish whiskeys.
Powers John’s Lane Release and Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy will join Redbreast and Green Spot in a new portfolio of single pot still Irish whiskeys produced at Irish Distillers' Midleton Distillery in Co. Cork.
Powers John’s Lane Release is named after the home of the Powers brand at John’s Lane in Dublin. Bearing a 12-year-old age statement, the whiskey has been matured in first-fill Bourbon barrels with a contribution of whiskey which has been matured in Oloroso Sherry butts.
Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy is named after the second generation master distiller, Barry Crockett. It has also been matured in first-fill Bourbon whiskeys, with the inclusion of whiskey which has matured in unseasoned American barrels.
Pernod is also looking to line up a whiskey development programme with the aim of creating and releasing regular new expressions of single pot still Irish whiskey across its brand portfolio each year.
Beam Inc has made a strong case for its viability as a free-floating spirits company, but analysts continue to question how long the drinks industry's bigger fish allow the firm to continue....
Pernod Ricard has mixed white rum and Tequila to develop Malibu Red, which will launch in the US early next year in partnership with R&B music star Ne-Yo....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India