Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Pike Creek Whisky
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Pike Creek Whisky
Category - Spirits, whisky, Canada, 40% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US, off-trade, in WA, OR, ID, CO, TX, LA, GA, NC, NY and NH
Price - SRP of US$31.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
The US arm of Pernod Ricard has confirmed the addition of a new Canadian whisky to the company's spirits portfolio. Pike Creek launches next month in the US off-trade.
The “small batch” whisky is aged in American oak Bourbon barrels before being finished in vintage Port barrels. It is then aged in warehouse in Pike Creek, Ontario.
Pernod Ricard USA, producer of premium spirits and wines, today announces the addition of Pike Creek Whisky to its leading portfolio of global whisky brands. Pike Creek is a uniquely crafted, small batch whisky, aged in American oak Bourbon barrels and finished in vintage Port barrels. Matured in warehouses in Pike Creek, Ontario, Canada, this distinctive whisky is influenced by nature and crafted by the elements of its birthplace. Making its debut in April 2013, Pike Creek will initially be launched at retail in WA, OR, ID, CO, TX, LA, GA, NC, NY and NH.
“In Pike Creek’s non-climate controlled warehouse, the dramatic swings in temperature play a key role in the whisky’s maturation process. Our wood barrels contract during cold winter months and expand during the summer, maximizing the interaction of the whisky and the wood,” explains Wayne Hartunian, VP Whiskies & Cognacs, Pernod Ricard USA. “This interaction with the barrels adds character, complexity and concentrated flavors to the whisky, resulting in a one-of-a kind product distinctive to Pike Creek.”
Pike Creek is amber in color with hues of ruby red and has a nose with a complexity of sweet dried fruits, an underlying peppery spice and subtle toffee notes. Full and robust in body, Pike Creek gives a well-balanced blend of sweet port, dried fruits, vanilla and toffee palate with a pleasant port finish with lingering rye.
Hartunian concluded, “Premium craft whisky growth is very strong and accelerating while ultra-premium Canadian Whisky is up 18%. Many whisky drinkers are seeking interesting, new and unique brands to trade up to. Pike Creek has a very unique story to capitalize on this growing trend.”
Pike Creek (40% abv/80 proof) will be available in 750ml for a SRP of $31.99.
Original source: Company Release
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom