FRANCE: Pernod Ricard's new guard on track for growth - analysts
Pernod Ricard's Chivas brand has found strong growth
The group posted a 9% rise in full-year net profits today (30 August), boosted by sales growth in all regions except France. The price/mix growth for Pernod's top 14 strategic brands was 6%, with leading brand Chivas posting 11% growth and Royal Salute 23%.
But while the appointment of Alexandre Ricard to the roles of Pernod Ricard's CEO and chairman from January 2015 will play well in the market, analysts Nomura said, operating profit (EBIT) was “slightly light, given investment”.
The miss was due to higher costs from establishing distribution networks in new markets Vietnam and Sub-Saharan Africa and increased marketing spend, Nomura said.
Analysts at Investec said “question marks will remain” on the Absolut brand's relatively weaker 3% price/mix momentum but praised Pernod's “impressive” on-going growth in Asia and a firm top-line in Americas.
Pernod's Asia performance also impressed Nomura, which said investor concerns that the company was not active enough in regional acquisitions are overdone.
“Although we would accept that M&A has become a Diageo story for now,” the analysts added.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review