Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Mama Walker’s "breakfast" liqueurs
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Mama Walker’s breakfast liqueurs
Category - Spirits, liqueurs, 35% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$12.99 per 75cl bottle. Also available in 1-litre and 5cl bottles.
Pernod Ricard has launched a range of liqueurs, claiming “breakfast is no longer just for breakfast”.
Mama Walker’s liqueurs are “designed to inspire the nostalgia of homemade breakfasts”, Pernod said today (20 March). Three flavours are available - Maple Bacon, Blueberry Pancake and Glazed Donut – and target consumers who are seeking something more adventurous, Pernod said.
A spokesperson for the brand said: “Comfort food, sweet & savoury flavour combinations and retro-inspired flavours are among three of the hottest trends today. Mama Walker’s taps into all three.”
Pernod unveiled another innovation this week - Malibu RTD cocktails.
Pernod Ricard, the premium spirits and wine company, is expanding its portfolio this spring with the debut of Mama Walker’s, a proprietary new line of three delicious and breakfast inspired liqueurs. Available in Maple Bacon, Blueberry Pancake and Glazed Donut flavors, Mama Walker’s is designed to inspire the nostalgia of homemade breakfasts.
“Mama Walker’s delights with home-style, made-from scratch goodness in flavors consumers want,” said Juli Falkoff, Brand Director for Mama Walker’s, Pernod Ricard USA. “Breakfast isn’t just for breakfast anymore. Consumers are more and more adventurous, seeking flavors across a variety of categories,” Falkoff added. “Comfort food, sweet & savory flavor combinations and retro-inspired flavors are among three of the hottest trends today. Mama Walker’s taps into all three of these current trends with retro-inspired 70 proof liqueurs that are great anytime – at brunch, happy hour, or an evening out – straight up or in cocktails.”
Mama Walker’s line includes:
· Mama Walker’s™ Maple Bacon - somewhat woodsy with a faintly burnt smokiness on the nose followed by a textured body that’s slightly crispy and smoky. The finish pairs savory flavor with understated maple sweetness.
· Mama Walker’s™ Blueberry Pancakes - fresh on the nose with an instant and inviting aroma of blueberry. The subtle sweetness on the palate is followed by lingering hints of maple syrup and butter pancake that mellow towards the end.
· Mama Walker’s™ Glazed Donut - offers the warm aroma of fresh-from-the-oven glazed donuts. For the nose, a nice bit of vanilla. For the palate, a sweet bread sensation and a finish that leaves a lingering trace of subtle sweetness.
The Mama Walker’s package incorporates a retro look that perfectly complements its taste profile, including an image of an oven mitt holding a martini glass displayed on the neck of the bottles. POS materials, also designed in the retro theme will be available to support the launch of Mama Walker’s Liqueurs at retail and on-premise. In addition, sampling events (where legal) will help spread the word and engage consumers with this distinct new line of cordials – along with digital outreach through Facebook and a dedicated website.
Mama Walker’s Liqueurs (35% ABV) will hit retail in March of 2013, and will be available in 1L, 750ml and 50ml bottle sizes. The suggested retail price is $12.99/750ml.
Original source: Company Release
Diageo and Pernod Ricard have teamed up with other Scotch whisky makers to start twice-weekly shipments from Speyside by train....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends