Pernod Ricard's Malibu Strawberry Kiwi RTD - Product Launch
Pernod Ricard's Malibu Strawberry Kiwi RTD
Category - RTD, 5% abv
Available - From this summer
Location - UK, nation-wide
Price - RRP GBP1.98 (US$2.90)
Pernod Ricard has launched a Strawberry Kiwi pre-mixed Malibu drink to the UK market. The new addition joins Malibu's existing RTD offer, which includes Malibu pre-mix Pineapple, Malibu pre-mix Cola and Malibu pre-mix Diet Cola.
Pernod Ricard has also invested in a global advertising campaign for the Malibu brand. As part of the activity, the drinks firm launched an e-commerce platform as it looks to target 18- to 24-year-old consumers in the UK market.
As part of its social media programme, Malibu claims to have been the first alcohol brand in the UK to run a sponsored 'Snapchat Lens'. The activation ran over the UK's Bank Holiday weekend, and involved turning users' faces into large pineapples, following a sip of Malibu Pina Colada.
"Consumers are not just buying products and services, they are looking for experiences," said Jo Alexander, Malibu marketing manager at Pernod Ricard UK, of the marketing campaign. "They want shareable and creative content and Snapchat Lenses are such a brilliant and dynamic way for people to have fun and express themselves. Our partnership with Snapchat ... fulfils Pernod Ricard UK's aim to provide conviviality to shape the nation's drinking experiences."
Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The Ready To Drink (RTD) or mixed drinks category added 20.2m cases in 2014 to reach 388.5m cases, up from just under 319m cases in 2010, representing a healthy compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5...read more
Canadean's "Pernod Ricard SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Pernod Ricard SA (Pernod Ricard) is an alcoholic beverage company producing and selling spirits, beer and wine products. The company offers products through various brands including Absolut Vodka, Chi...
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends