Pernod Ricard's Malibu Strawberry Kiwi RTD - Product Launch
Pernod Ricard's Malibu Strawberry Kiwi RTD
Category - RTD, 5% abv
Available - From this summer
Location - UK, nation-wide
Price - RRP GBP1.98 (US$2.90)
Pernod Ricard has launched a Strawberry Kiwi pre-mixed Malibu drink to the UK market. The new addition joins Malibu's existing RTD offer, which includes Malibu pre-mix Pineapple, Malibu pre-mix Cola and Malibu pre-mix Diet Cola.
Pernod Ricard has also invested in a global advertising campaign for the Malibu brand. As part of the activity, the drinks firm launched an e-commerce platform as it looks to target 18- to 24-year-old consumers in the UK market.
As part of its social media programme, Malibu claims to have been the first alcohol brand in the UK to run a sponsored 'Snapchat Lens'. The activation ran over the UK's Bank Holiday weekend, and involved turning users' faces into large pineapples, following a sip of Malibu Pina Colada.
"Consumers are not just buying products and services, they are looking for experiences," said Jo Alexander, Malibu marketing manager at Pernod Ricard UK, of the marketing campaign. "They want shareable and creative content and Snapchat Lenses are such a brilliant and dynamic way for people to have fun and express themselves. Our partnership with Snapchat ... fulfils Pernod Ricard UK's aim to provide conviviality to shape the nation's drinking experiences."
Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The Ready To Drink (RTD) or mixed drinks category added 20.2m cases in 2014 to reach 388.5m cases, up from just under 319m cases in 2010, representing a healthy compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5...read more
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton considers the tobacco model for drinks companies. He also gives us his tip of the stock to watch in 2017....
Pernod Ricard Austria is expected to continue to focus on offering premium quality spirits over the forecast period in order to meet the consumer demand for premium products, and thus move up to the l...
Pernod Ricard’s strategy in Germany will continue to focus on premiumisation and innovation in order to generate added-value....
Pernod Ricard’s strategy is to remain one of the leading players in sales of wine and spirits in the country....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends