Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Malibu RTD cocktails
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Malibu RTD cocktails
Category - Spirits, rum, coconut, cocktail, 5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$2.50 per 20cl can
Pernod Ricard has launched a range of ready-to-drink (RTD) Malibu cocktails in 20cl cans ahead of the summer.
Three flavours - pineapple, cranberry and cola - will be available and sold in single serve or four-packs, Pernod Ricard said last week. The company is also adding Malibu Blue Hawaiian and Malibu Pina Colada Light to its range of 1.75-litre premixed cocktail pouches, it said.
Last month Pernod announced a redesign of its Malibu bottle in the US to give it a more contemporary look.
MALIBU LAUNCHES NEW READY TO DRINK OFFERINGS PERFECT FOR SUMMER
NEW YORK, NY (March 15, 2013)
Malibu, the number one selling Caribbean Rum with coconut liqueur, is releasing new Ready to Drink offerings for consumers to enjoy this summer. Beginning this March, Malibu will introduce a range of delicious and convenient Malibu cocktails in 200ml cans. In addition, the brand will add two great new selections to its popular family of 1.75L premixed cocktail pouches making Malibu the perfect choice for both on-the-go and outdoor activities this summer.
“The ready-to drink category reaches its peak during the summer months when consumers are looking for refreshing drink options that are portable and require little preparation,” explains Lisa McCann, Brand Director, Malibu, Pernod Ricard USA®. “Malibu’s new and innovative can offerings truly speak to the summer season of on-the-go enjoyment.”
The Malibu Cans (5% abv) combine the signature flavor of Malibu with three of today’s most popular mixers: Pineapple, Cranberry and Cola. Available in single serve and 4packs, Malibu Cans are the perfect grab & go option for loyal Malibu drinkers and an exciting way to recruit new consumers to the fold.
Joining the Malibu cocktail pouch family are Malibu Blue Hawaiian and Malibu Pina Colada Light joining already established favorites Malibu Tropical Sea Breeze, Malibu Rum Punch, Malibu Caribbean Cosmo Light and Malibu Tropical Mojito. Drawing from the success of Malibu’s existing low-calorie options, Malibu Pina Colada Light* will offer the delicious coconut flavor of a tropical Pina Colada with just 75 calories per serving**.
Along with the new flavors, Malibu’s 1.75L pouch packaging is getting an upgrade. Using stronger materials, including an additional pouch layer inside of the external pouch, the liquid inside will stay cooler longer. In addition, a new spout with a reinforced safety latch will reduce leaks and spills.
Malibu Cans and new premixed cocktails will hit shelves in March. The launch will be supported with an Instagram “State of Summer” game and spring vacation sampling. POS will also be available for merchandise retail outlets to build awareness and encourage take-away of Malibu Ready to Drink cans and pouches among this summer’s adult celebrators.
Original source: Company Release
Diageo and Pernod Ricard have teamed up with other Scotch whisky makers to start twice-weekly shipments from Speyside by train....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends