Product Launch - AUSTRIA/NETHERLANDS/UK: Pernod Ricard's Malibu Red
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Malibu Red
Category - Spirits, flavoured rum and Tequila blend, 35% abv
Available - From this week
Location - Austria, Netherlands and the UK, on- and off-trade
Price - In US, US$16.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard is following up the launch of Malibu Red in the US with a roll-out in Austria, the Netherlands and the UK.
Other – unspecified – markets will start to stock the product throughout the Autumn.
Malibu Red was launched in the US in March. R&B singer/songwriter Ne-Yo is "the creative force" behind Malibu Red, according to Pernod.
MALIBU RED - a blend of smooth Malibu coconut rum and fiery silver tequila will take the drinking experience to a new level. Malibu Red is a higher proof entry for the Malibu family and will inspire taste buds worldwide and allow consumers, bartenders and the spirits industry at large to rethink the rum category. Malibu Red was launched in the US in March 2012, in the UK this week and the rest of the world will follow.
Malibu Red is a 35% ABV blend of smooth Caribbean coconut rum and fiery silver tequila that will continue to expand Malibu usage year-round and into new occasions. The silver and red bottle, while still remaining loyal to its hero product, has a sophisticated, premium look. The taste is smooth, light with hints of coconut & vanilla. Malibu Red is great to mix in cocktails or just adding a wedge of lime for that perfect smooth and fiery shot.
Malibu Red is a co-operation with chart-topping R&B singer and songwriter, film and television actor, Ne-Yo. As the creative force of Malibu Red, Ne-Yo has been working closely with the brand to create an experience that weaves a narrative around the smooth taste of Malibu fused together with the fiery spark of tequila. The story of Malibu Red will unfold through exclusive music, performances, video and digital conversations.
Ne-Yo has been instrumental in how Malibu Red will be introduced to the world, and his unique imprint will be evident once the story unfolds. The Malibu Red song “Burning Up” is the first single from Ne-Yo’s new album.
“From music to film and everything in between, Malibu and I have been working behind-the-scenes to co-create a rich experience for Malibu Red that allows me to naturally bring my story telling, acting, singing and dancing to the table,” Ne-Yo said. “Beginning with its smooth and fiery flavor fusion, through branded content, we will bring Malibu Red to life in a way that invites consumers to be creatively inspired by what is possible when you’re out with friends, ready for that night you’ll never forget.”
Malibu Red was launched in the US in March 2012 and the rest of the world will follow. Malibu Red is supported by one of the brand’s largest global marketing initiatives – featuring TV, print, online and OOH advertising, digital and exclusive multi-media content, public relations, events, on- and off-premise sampling, point-of-sale merchandise and more. Available both in the on-premise and off-premise, Malibu Red will retail at a premium to Malibu, as it is designed to take the Malibu drinking occasion into nightclubs and high energy accounts.
Original source: Company Release
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020