Product Launch – US: Pernod Ricard's Malibu Melon Margarita
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Malibu Melon Margarita
Category - Spirits, flavoured rum, pre-mix cocktail, 15% abv
Available - From May
Location - US, off-trade
Price - US$19.99 per 1.75-litre pouch
Distribution - Pernod Ricard USA and its distributors
The Malibu Melon Margarita comes in a quick-chilling, soft plastic pouch and joins Malibu's range of premix cocktails that were launched in the US in June 2010. Pernod will offer POS materials including display racks, cooler pusher trays, window clings, case cards and shelf talkers to support the new cocktail.
The company hopes to take advantage of growing demand for RTD products leading into the summer.
Last month, Pernod launched Malibu Sunshine, a blend of coconut-flavoured Malibu and lemon-lime citrus fruit, in the US.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages