Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Kahlua Midnight
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Kahlua Midnight
Category - Spirit, liqueur (rum and black coffee), 35% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US
Price - SRP of US$23.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard has lined up a brand extension for Kahlua liqueur in the US. Kahlua Midnight rolls out nation-wide this week and will be backed by a marketing push that carries the tagline: “It's Midnight Somewhere.”
Last month, Pernod released Kahlua Gingerbread and Kahlua Peppermint Mocha in the US for the holiday season.
Looking for the next great shot and drinking ritual to electrify the night? The good news is that it's always "midnight" somewhere, and all there is to do is chill, pour, and shoot. Guaranteed to inspire epic nightlife moments, Kahlua Midnight, a 70 proof mix of rum and black coffee liqueur, makes its debut today in bars and retailers nationwide. This bold, yet slightly sweet creation is a delicious mixture of smooth rum mixed with strong black coffee. It is intended to be served chilled as a shot that can transform an otherwise unremarkable night into an unforgettable one. It embodies the spirit of the midnight hour, a time where a new day is dawning and possibilities seem endless.
"Kahlua Midnight is a huge step forward for the brand. We wanted to create a strong product that not only tastes amazing but has the ability to elevate the social experience of a night out with friends," said Michelle Sanders, Brand Director for Kahlua. "Kahlua Midnight succeeds on all fronts. It's a 70 proof spirit that goes down easily, and the added boost from the black coffee flavor is sure to awaken the senses. This is a great new drink people will rally around."
A twist on the beloved original Kahlua, the number one coffee liqueur in the world, Kahlua Midnight is bound to be the next crowd-pleasing, go-to shot among party goers everywhere. The taste is smooth, bold, and just a tad sweet, setting it apart from the standard sticky and sugary sweet coffee liqueurs on the market today.
With the growing consumer trend toward coffee-flavored products, coupled with the desire for a sweeter straight shot, Kahlua sees an opportunity to promote its own simple approach with chilled Kahlua Midnight followed by a fresh orange slice. Ideal for any occasion--whether a celebratory cheers or simply a night on the town, Kahlua Midnight bursts with flavor.
With Kahlua Midnight, the brand marks a transition into a consumption space that aims to reach male drinkers ages 21-34 who are thirsty for new experiences and strive to be constantly connected. The campaign, "It's Midnight Somewhere," will continue throughout the year with robust on-premise support, National Digital, and local OOH in Key Markets.
Original source: Company Release
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report