GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Jameson Irish Whiskey hits 4m annual case sales
Jameson's biggest market is the US
The landmark comes after 23 years of consecutive growth for the brand, Pernod said today (23 November). Jameson is sold in about 120 markets worldwide, the company added.
Anna Malmhake, CEO of Jameson owner Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, said the brand has come a long way since Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard in 1988, when it sold about 466,000 cases a year. “The result has been incredible global success with 50 markets now in double-digit growth worldwide,” Malmhake said.
In August, Pernod launched a limited-edition Jameson exclusively to travel retail.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch