GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Jameson Irish Whiskey hits 4m annual case sales
Jameson's biggest market is the US
The landmark comes after 23 years of consecutive growth for the brand, Pernod said today (23 November). Jameson is sold in about 120 markets worldwide, the company added.
Anna Malmhake, CEO of Jameson owner Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, said the brand has come a long way since Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard in 1988, when it sold about 466,000 cases a year. “The result has been incredible global success with 50 markets now in double-digit growth worldwide,” Malmhake said.
In August, Pernod launched a limited-edition Jameson exclusively to travel retail.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research