GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Jameson Irish Whiskey hits 4m annual case sales
Jameson's biggest market is the US
The landmark comes after 23 years of consecutive growth for the brand, Pernod said today (23 November). Jameson is sold in about 120 markets worldwide, the company added.
Anna Malmhake, CEO of Jameson owner Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, said the brand has come a long way since Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard in 1988, when it sold about 466,000 cases a year. “The result has been incredible global success with 50 markets now in double-digit growth worldwide,” Malmhake said.
In August, Pernod launched a limited-edition Jameson exclusively to travel retail.
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report