GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Jameson Irish Whiskey hits 4m annual case sales
Jameson's biggest market is the US
The landmark comes after 23 years of consecutive growth for the brand, Pernod said today (23 November). Jameson is sold in about 120 markets worldwide, the company added.
Anna Malmhake, CEO of Jameson owner Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, said the brand has come a long way since Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard in 1988, when it sold about 466,000 cases a year. “The result has been incredible global success with 50 markets now in double-digit growth worldwide,” Malmhake said.
In August, Pernod launched a limited-edition Jameson exclusively to travel retail.
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Diageo Canada adds new RTD canning line
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review