GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Jameson Irish Whiskey hits 4m annual case sales
Jameson's biggest market is the US
The landmark comes after 23 years of consecutive growth for the brand, Pernod said today (23 November). Jameson is sold in about 120 markets worldwide, the company added.
Anna Malmhake, CEO of Jameson owner Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, said the brand has come a long way since Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard in 1988, when it sold about 466,000 cases a year. “The result has been incredible global success with 50 markets now in double-digit growth worldwide,” Malmhake said.
In August, Pernod launched a limited-edition Jameson exclusively to travel retail.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018