Product Launch - AUS: Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek Double Barrel
Jacob's Creek Double Barrel will launch next month in Australia
Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek Double Barrel
Category - Wine, Australian, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, 14.4% abv
Available - From 1 July
Location - “Initially” Australian off-trade; “major” retail outlets
Price - RRP of AUD24.99 (US$23.36)
Pernod Ricard's Australian unit is set to launch a new range of red wines - finished in Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y barrels - under its Jacob's Creek label.
Jacob's Creek Double Barrel features a 2012 Barossa Shiraz and a 2012 Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, Pernod Ricard Winemakers said today (17 June). “We discovered that finishing the wines in aged whisk(e)y barrels introduced additional intricacy and a smoother texture, due to the fundamental differences between barrels made for ageing whisk(e)y, and those crafted to age wine,” said Bernard Hickin, Jacob's Creek's chief winemaker.
After trials, the company said that the “rich intensity” of Shiraz was considered better suited to the “more assertive” style of Scotch, while Cabernet Sauvignon was “well suited” to the smooth style of Irish whiskey.
Both varietals have an abv of 14.4%.
A Pernod spokesperson said the brand will be rolled out to "other markets", but did not offer more detail.
Earlier this year, Pernod gave the Jacob's Creek logo a refresh - the first change to the brand's identity since its launch in 1976.
Wine Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Wine Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Wine consumption in Asia. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast consumption dat...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review