Product Launch - AUS: Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek Double Barrel
Jacob's Creek Double Barrel will launch next month in Australia
Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek Double Barrel
Category - Wine, Australian, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, 14.4% abv
Available - From 1 July
Location - “Initially” Australian off-trade; “major” retail outlets
Price - RRP of AUD24.99 (US$23.36)
Pernod Ricard's Australian unit is set to launch a new range of red wines - finished in Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y barrels - under its Jacob's Creek label.
Jacob's Creek Double Barrel features a 2012 Barossa Shiraz and a 2012 Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, Pernod Ricard Winemakers said today (17 June). “We discovered that finishing the wines in aged whisk(e)y barrels introduced additional intricacy and a smoother texture, due to the fundamental differences between barrels made for ageing whisk(e)y, and those crafted to age wine,” said Bernard Hickin, Jacob's Creek's chief winemaker.
After trials, the company said that the “rich intensity” of Shiraz was considered better suited to the “more assertive” style of Scotch, while Cabernet Sauvignon was “well suited” to the smooth style of Irish whiskey.
Both varietals have an abv of 14.4%.
A Pernod spokesperson said the brand will be rolled out to "other markets", but did not offer more detail.
Earlier this year, Pernod gave the Jacob's Creek logo a refresh - the first change to the brand's identity since its launch in 1976.
Wine Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Wine Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Wine consumption in Asia. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast consumption dat...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Earlier today, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. In this excerpt from the full report, which can be down...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
While Pernod Ricard is a top 10 player in wine it lacks a strong geographic presence in the key US and Chinese markets. Jacob’s Creek is the company’s only significant presence here. However, the acqu...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts