Audio - TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard's hopes for Irish whiskey
Could the Tullamore Dew sale help boost Jameson and the Irish whiskey category?
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (18 October), Michael Cunningham, regional manager of travel retail at Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers, gives his reaction to William Grant & Sons' purchase of Irish whiskey brand Tullamore Dew earlier this year.
Press play below.
Michael Cunningham, regional manager of travel retail at Irish Distillers, speaks exclusively to just-drinks.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four mark...
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard rounds off his tour of the PIGS markets in Greece....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign