Product Launch – US: Pernod Ricard's Hiram Walker Whipped Cream Imitation Liqueur
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Hiram Walker Whipped Cream Imitation Liqueur
Category – Spirits, liqueur, 35% abv
Available – From June
Location – US, nation-wide
Price – US$9.99 per 75cl bottle
Pernod Ricard-owned Hiram Walker has announced its entry into dessert-flavour liqueurs with the launch of its Whipped Cream Imitation Liqueur. The new drink, out in June, hopes to take advantage of the whipped-flavour spirits market, which Hiram Walker claims increased five-fold between 2010 and 2011, according to Neilsen figures.
“While whipped is an established flavour in the vodka segment, Hiram Walker Whipped Cream will be the only nationally available whipped flavour in the cordials segment,” said Hiram Walker brand manager Sarah Sercia.
The launch will be supported at retail with POS and merchandising materials including case bins, case cards and special recipe cards, which include four drink recipes featuring the liqueur mixed with other Pernod drinks such as Absolut and Kahlua.
The drink will be available in 1-litre, 75cl and 5cl sizes.
In January, Hiram Walker launched Watermelon Sour Schnapps.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat