UK: Pernod Ricard’s GH Mumm to sponsor Gourmet Odyssey
The festival runs from 8 to13 October, during which GH Mumm Champagne will sponsor the Gourmet Odyssey - a gastronomic road trip around some of London's "most celebrated restaurants", the company said today (30 September).
Guests taking part on 10 October will be offered a glass of GH Mumm Cordon Rouge at the Metropolitan Hotel before a number of Routemaster buses take them to visit three different London restaurants for their starter, main course and dessert. Each bus will have a well-known restaurant critic or chef on board for "insight and guidance", the company said.
"We're really proud to be the official Champagne partner to London Restaurant Festival 2009 and to celebrate the diversity of restaurants and cuisines in London. Champagne GH Mumm has a long association with gastronomy," Pernod Ricard UK's marketing director, Vlastimil Spelda, said.
Restaurants on the tour include Maze for the first course served with Cuvée R. Lalou 1998, Hakassan for a main course matched with GH Mumm Rosé, and Quo Vadis for dessert with a glass of GH Mumm Demi-Sec.
Pernod Ricard last year released a 1999 vintage of its GH Mumm Champagne brand in the UK.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Diageo has lined up the launch of a consumer competition on Facebook for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014