Product Launch - UK: Pernod Ricard's GH Mumm Cordon Rouge Vintage 2006
Click through to view GH Mumm Cordon Rouge Vintage 2006
Category - Wine, Champagne (64% Pinot Noir, 36% Chardonnay), 12.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK; other markets to follow this year
Price - SRP of GBP40.99 (US$63) per bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a 2006 vintage Champagne in its GH Mumm's Cordon Rouge range.
The Champagne, the first vintage to be created by Chef de Cave Didier Mariotti, will go on sale in the UK this month after its release in France and Sweden. “It will be rolling out to other markets over the next six months,” a Mumm spokesperson told just-drinks.
According to figures last week, Champagne sales fell 17% in France in March, but exports outside the EU edged up.
G.H.MUMM 2006 is a blend of 64% Pinot Noir and 36% Chardonnay, creating a beautifully structured and aromatic wine; revealing notes of apricots, plums, pears, dried fruits and patisserie with a long, elegant finish. It is already drinking well and has the aromatic and structural potential to age for many years.
The 2006 season was full of surprises, but produced some exceptional Pinot Noirs, which is very important for the G.H.MUMM House style. Winter started off cold before becoming warm and wet. A good, warm spring and scorching hot early summer was followed by a very fresh and wet August. However September was exceptional: hot and dry with the necessary wind and sun to provide the ideal conditions to fully ripen the grapes.
Chef de Cave Didier Marrioti comments: “It was a very ripe harvest so I used a much higher proportion of Pinots from Verzy, Mailly and Verzenay to the north of the Montagne de Reims to maximise minerality and tension in the blend and achieve the right balance between acidity, structure and length. This gives the wine an extra versatility for matching with a wide range of foods from seafood to richer meat dishes” comments Mariotti.
The wine was aged for five years in the G.H.MUMM cellars before being given a deliberately low dosage of 6g/l on disgorgement to allow the wine to fully express itself.
G.H.MUMM Millésime 2006 is available from June 2013.
Original source: Company Release
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2013....
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends