Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Deadbolt Californian wine
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Deadbolt
Category - Wine, Calfornia, red, blend
Available - Since last week
Location - US, in California, Nevada, Illinois Massachusetts and Colorado
Price - SRP of US$15.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard USA
Pernod Ricard has lined up the launch of its first Californian still wine in the US. Deadbolt is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Petite Syrah and Syrah from California's 2010 harvest.
Introducing DEADBOLT, an intriguing red wine for people who make their own rules. The first Californian still wine in the portfolio of Pernod Ricard USA, with national distribution. DEADBOLT is a rich and distinctive blend of Californian red varietals which will be competing in one of today’s fastest growing domestic table wine categories* .
Blending is the art of combining individual wines that complement each other in order to create a complete wine that’s better, more attractive and more complex. There are no rules, no recipes, no boundaries. Only a winemaker’s philosophy, experience and vision.
The DEADBOLT team had their own ideas about how to craft their own Californian wine that dares to be different. With a deep ruby, purple color, a distinctive red fruit nose and flavors of black cherry, mocha and brown spice, DEADBOLT’s blend is so unique that the winemaking team is keeping the full details under lock and key.
“We sought out a wine that would reflect the characteristics of individual vintages, the first vintage being 2010—a great year for Californian wines. By combining the elegance and length of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the varietal power of Zinfandel, Petite Syrah and Syrah with other carefully selected components, we created a blend that’s not afraid to go its own way”. Philip Laffer, Chief Winemaker
“With DEADBOLT, we have created a richly flavored and approachable red wine which is quintessentially Californian. We’re delighted with the final outcome” Laffer said.
“We feel that the DEADBOLT brand brings our customers an exciting new proposition that truly unlocks what consumers are looking for in a wine today. DEADBOLT’s packaging and branding, from the cork to the carton, tell a strong story which we feel will really resonate with an adventure seeking consumer who is looking for something different,” Lauren Simkin, General Manager, Pernod Ricard USA, Wines and Champagnes.
Developed by Premium Wine Brands, Pernod Ricard’s global wine division, the new wine will hit shelves on October 1 in five states (California, Nevada, Illinois Massachusetts and Colorado), retailing at the recommended price point of $15.99.
Original source: Company Release
Last month, Chris Losh was one of the experts on just-drinks' 'state of the industry' webinar. While the webinar looked at the drinks industry as a whole, Chris thinks the results provide plenty of fo...
This weekend marked the fifth anniversary of Pernod Ricard's acquisition of Vin & Sprit and the Absolut vodka brand. A lot has changed since those heady days of 2008, so how does the race for - and pu...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages