Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard’s Dead Bolt White Winemakers Blend
Click through to view Dead Bolt White Winemakers Blend
Pernod Ricard’s Dead Bolt White Winemakers Blend
Category - Wine, white blend, Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc, California, 12.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$15.99 per bottle
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard has followed its Dead Bolt Red Winemakers Blend with a white varietal.
Dead Bolt White Winemakers Blend is a combination of Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc. It joins the “fast-growing” white blend category in the US, Pernod said yesterday (23 September).
Pernod Ricard USA marketing VP Frank Polley added: “Consumer tests have been extremely positive, and we feel confident we will see similar success to the already successful Dead Bolt Red.”
Last week, Pernod launched another wine in the US, the Campo Viejo Garnacha.
Building off the success of the launch of Dead Bolt Red Winemakers Blend, the brand is now introducing Dead Bolt™ White Winemakers Blend; A full flavored, juicy blend led by Chardonnay and featuring Chenin Blanc. While the white blend category is smaller than red blends, it is now a $90 Million category and growing in value and volume by +30%.* This fresh and inviting white wine will be competing in one of today’s fastest growing domestic table wine categories.
Using a similar approach with the Red Blend, The Dead Bolt™ team had their own ideas about how to craft a distinctive Californian wine that dares to be different. The wine has a bright straw color with flecks of green hues, notes of fresh stone fruit, vanilla and spice which leaves the palate with a white peach, pineapple and sweet spice finish. Dead Bolt’s blend is so unique that the winemaking team is keeping the full details under lock and key.
“We ae launching Dead Bolt White on the heels of the extremely successful Dead Bolt Red, which has already over delivered original sales goals by +203% through June. This new expression of Dead Bolt will allow us to speak to a larger consumer base, particularly the all-important female consumer, and expand relevance to a greater number of occasions. Consumer tests have been extremely positive, and we feel confident we will see similar success to the already successful Dead Bolt Red.” Frank Polley, Vice President Marketing, Pernod Ricard USA.
Dead Bolt’s winemaking philosophy is centred on the art of blending. Combining individual wines and varietals that complement each other in order to make a more complex and complete wine. There are no rules, no recipes, no boundaries. Only a winemaker’s philosophy, experience and vision.
Developed by Premium Wine Brands, Pernod Ricard’s global wine division, the new wine will hit shelves in September with national distribution, retailing at the recommended price point of $15.99.
Break into Dead Bolt and Consume Responsibly.
Dead Bolt™ White Wine. ©2013 Distributed by Pernod Ricard USA, Purchase, NY.
*Source: Nielsen F/D/L 52 weeks ending 6/12/13
Original source: Company Release
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of a bond that will net the company EUR850m (US$1.18bn)....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China