Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard's Chivas Regal The Chivas Brothers’ Blend
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's The Chivas Brothers’ Blend
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended
Available - From today (1 October)
Location - Global travel retail
Price - Not specified
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard has lined up the first brand extension for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky since 2007. The Chivas Brothers’ Blend, a travel retail exclusive, is a permanent addition to the portfolio.
The expression is a 12-year-old blend that includes whiskies from Strathisla and Longmorn distilleries.
Chivas Regal will launch The Chivas Brothers’ Blend, the new ultimate whisky to share, on 1 October 2012, exclusively to the global travel retail channel. This perfect expression of the smooth Chivas style will be a permanent part of the Chivas portfolio and will be available only to shoppers in travel retail. This is the first product launch for the brand since Chivas Regal 25 Year Old was relaunched in 2007.
The inspiration for The Chivas Brothers’ Blend came from founding brothers, John and James Chivas. The brothers first worked together at the Chivas Brothers’ Emporium in King Street, Aberdeen which was established in the mid-1800s and was known for selling fine foods and whiskies. Today, the famous Chivas Brothers’ legacy lives on, selling 4.9m cases in over 150 markets around the world.
Paying a contemporary tribute to this rich history, the brothers and their legendary blending skills is The Chivas Brothers’ Blend – a thoroughly modern whisky that is ultra smooth, perfect for sharing. This unique 12 year old blend uses a carefully selected range of malt whiskies, including high proportions of Strathisla and Longmorn malts in order to recreate the extra smooth taste that made Chivas Regal’s whiskies famous.
The Chivas Brothers’ Blend has a rich amber colour which bursts with ripe soft fruit flavours including peach and pear, and accented with runny honey, marmalade and soft candy. The rich taste echoes the nose of fresh fruit flavours, giving way to a sweet, creamy texture.
The Chivas Brothers’ Blend bottle and carton design is both unique and striking in its bold use of purple. With the etched Chivas Regal family crest on the bottle, it marries both tradition and modernity to create a product that has a regal nobility and great stand-out. The entire concept of The Chivas Brothers’ Blend brings to life the current consumer trend of revivalism where iconic items are pulled from history and refreshed for today.
Following the global Travel Retail teaser campaign ‘A New Arrival from Chivas’ to fuel travellers’ excitement and curiosity, Chivas Regal will create a consumer journey in airports around the globe that from the point of arrival to the moment of departure, travellers can experience an eye-catching activation involving out-of-store theatre, digital interaction, innovative consumer engagement activities and more.
James Slack, Global Brand Director, Chivas Regal, says, ‘We are delighted to launch The Chivas Brothers’ Blend exclusively in Travel Retail and offer a new Chivas Regal product which focuses on our heritage of craftsmanship blended with a modern twist. The result is an ultra-smooth whisky for today’s travellers who are looking not only for brand innovation but also an experience. The Chivas Brothers’ Blend is the ultimate whisky to share.’
Original source: Company Release
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends