Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum
Category - Whisky, Scotch, 12-year-old, 40% abv
Available - Released in China and Brazil within past two months
Location - On-trade in 30 markets, including China, France, Brazil, Japan and Malaysia
Price - a 20% premium to standard Chivas Regal 12-year-old magnum bottle
Pernod Ricard has introduced a magnum-sized Scotch exclusively to the on-trade under its Chivas Brothers subsidiary.
Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum aims to gain market share in occasions typically owned by premium white spirits and Champagnes, Chivas Brothers said yesterday (3 September). “The Night Magnum will introduce Scotch whisky to these occasions, ensuring increased visibility for Chivas in the premium on-trade environment,” said global brand director for Chivas Regal James Slack.
MARKET DEMAND SEES CHIVAS INTRODUCE ‘THE NIGHT MAGNUM
Chivas Regal, the world’s original luxury Scotch whisky, has launched a permanent bottle exclusively for the on-trade – Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum.
The Night Magnum will disrupt premium and VIP on-trade venues by tapping into occasions that are typically owned by premium white spirits and Champagnes.
Global Brand Director for Chivas Regal, James Slack, says: “When people purchase a bottle in an exclusive venue they are either ordering bottle-to-table vodka for the night ahead or Champagne to celebrate a moment. The Night Magnum will introduce Scotch whisky to these occasions, ensuring increased visibility for Chivas in the premium on-trade environment.”
The eye-catching 1.5 litre Night Magnum has a metallic finish and a burgundy Chivas Regal emblem. It will be available in more than 30 markets, including China, Brazil, Japan, France and Malaysia.
Original source: Company Release
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review