Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum
Category - Whisky, Scotch, 12-year-old, 40% abv
Available - Released in China and Brazil within past two months
Location - On-trade in 30 markets, including China, France, Brazil, Japan and Malaysia
Price - a 20% premium to standard Chivas Regal 12-year-old magnum bottle
Pernod Ricard has introduced a magnum-sized Scotch exclusively to the on-trade under its Chivas Brothers subsidiary.
Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum aims to gain market share in occasions typically owned by premium white spirits and Champagnes, Chivas Brothers said yesterday (3 September). “The Night Magnum will introduce Scotch whisky to these occasions, ensuring increased visibility for Chivas in the premium on-trade environment,” said global brand director for Chivas Regal James Slack.
MARKET DEMAND SEES CHIVAS INTRODUCE ‘THE NIGHT MAGNUM
Chivas Regal, the world’s original luxury Scotch whisky, has launched a permanent bottle exclusively for the on-trade – Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Night Magnum.
The Night Magnum will disrupt premium and VIP on-trade venues by tapping into occasions that are typically owned by premium white spirits and Champagnes.
Global Brand Director for Chivas Regal, James Slack, says: “When people purchase a bottle in an exclusive venue they are either ordering bottle-to-table vodka for the night ahead or Champagne to celebrate a moment. The Night Magnum will introduce Scotch whisky to these occasions, ensuring increased visibility for Chivas in the premium on-trade environment.”
The eye-catching 1.5 litre Night Magnum has a metallic finish and a burgundy Chivas Regal emblem. It will be available in more than 30 markets, including China, Brazil, Japan, France and Malaysia.
Original source: Company Release
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014