GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers appoints head of PR
Chivas Brothers has created a head of PR position
The UK-based unit, which handles Pernod's Scotch whisky and gin production operations, said today (22 September) that Jennie Norrish will assume the role, having joined Chivas Brothers in June 2008 as international PR manager on a freelance contract. She will lead a team of two international PR managers and one communications executive, and will be charged with developing long-term corporate media relations and reputation management plans, as well as initiating global consumer, trade and travel retail PR campaigns across the company’s brands.
Norrish will report in to communications director Vanessa Wright.
Prior to her time at Chivas Brothers, Norrish managed a team at Impact Porter Novelli (IPN) in Dubai, the Middle East regional office of Porter Novelli. Her focus at IPN was on luxury and corporate PR, working across Gulf Co-operation Countries, the Levant region and Egypt. Previously, Norrish was communications manager at energy company e.on.
A recent product extension in the Scotch whisky category has caught Richard Woodard's eye this month. While the move is certainly a positive in its use of innovation, it also shows how difficult it is...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts