Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Brasil
Click through to view an image of the product
Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Brasil
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, lime-infused, 35% abv
Available/Location - Launching in Czech and the Netherlands "later this month", then rolling out globally from February
Price - Varies in each market; in Czech, approx CZK379 (US$18.70) per 70cl bottle
Pernod Ricard is entering the "flavoured" whisk(e)y market with the launch of a "lime-infused" variant of its Ballantine's brand.
Ballantine’s Brasil, with an abv of 35%, will launch in Czech and the Netherlands later this month, then globally from February. The product, labelled as a "spirit drink" in order to adhere to Scotch whisky guidelines, is described on the bottle as "Scotch whisky selectively cask steeped with Brazilian lime peel".
The launch of "flavoured" Scotch whisky expressions, highlighted by the arrival of Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey earlier this year, has attracted controversy in recent months.
Peter Moore, Ballantine’s global brand director, said spirits drinks made with whisky offer a "huge opportunity" as it is an "exceptionally dynamic new category" already showing strong growth.
He added: "Ballantine’s Brasil is a venture into new territory for us, but we’re excited to have a product that can take advantage of this opportunity."
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Mergers and acquisitions have to varying degrees been important in shaping the different alcoholic drinks categories....
The Republic of Ireland has long been tagged, for good or bad, as being a hard-drinking nation. The charity Alcohol Action Ireland claims that Irish adults "binge-drink" more than any of their Europea...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research