Product Launch - GLOBAL: Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Brasil
Click through to view an image of the product
Pernod Ricard's Ballantine’s Brasil
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, lime-infused, 35% abv
Available/Location - Launching in Czech and the Netherlands "later this month", then rolling out globally from February
Price - Varies in each market; in Czech, approx CZK379 (US$18.70) per 70cl bottle
Pernod Ricard is entering the "flavoured" whisk(e)y market with the launch of a "lime-infused" variant of its Ballantine's brand.
Ballantine’s Brasil, with an abv of 35%, will launch in Czech and the Netherlands later this month, then globally from February. The product, labelled as a "spirit drink" in order to adhere to Scotch whisky guidelines, is described on the bottle as "Scotch whisky selectively cask steeped with Brazilian lime peel".
The launch of "flavoured" Scotch whisky expressions, highlighted by the arrival of Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey earlier this year, has attracted controversy in recent months.
Peter Moore, Ballantine’s global brand director, said spirits drinks made with whisky offer a "huge opportunity" as it is an "exceptionally dynamic new category" already showing strong growth.
He added: "Ballantine’s Brasil is a venture into new territory for us, but we’re excited to have a product that can take advantage of this opportunity."
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Mergers and acquisitions have to varying degrees been important in shaping the different alcoholic drinks categories....
The Republic of Ireland has long been tagged, for good or bad, as being a hard-drinking nation. The charity Alcohol Action Ireland claims that Irish adults "binge-drink" more than any of their Europea...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research