US: Pernod Ricard's Absolut to sponsor Madison Garden concerts
Performances will range from rock-and-roll to country music and will kick off with a benefit show featuring hip-hop singer Jay-Z on 11 September. Proceeds from the show will go to the New York Police & Fire Widows' & Children's Benefit Fund.
The concert will air live and commercial-free on Fuse TV in the US from 9pm, the company said on Monday (24 August).
For the live event, 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales and concert merchandise will go directly to the benefit fund.
The on-sale date and method of purchase for tickets to the concert is expected to be announced shortly.
"Madison Square Garden is an iconic venue known world-wide for presenting premier concert events year after year," said Tim Murphy, vice president of marketing, Pernod Ricard USA.
Artists with upcoming performances at The Garden include Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, and Pink.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Mosaiq has appointed "sales representation" for its recently-purchased rum brand, Lemon Hart, in four regions of Canada....
Canada-based drinks group Mosaiq has said it has agreed to acquire global sales and marketing rights to Pernod Ricard rum brand Lemon Hart for an undisclosed sum....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research