Product Launch – TRAVEL RETAIL: Pernod Ricard's Absolut Gustafson
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Absolut Gustafson
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured, 40% abv
Available - From April 2012
Location - Travel retail
Price - "we are categorically unable to give you a price," a spokesperson for Pernod Ricard told just-drinks. "This is, as always, due to the global nature of the brand and the fact that the product will be retailed in 150 markets. Absolut does not want to interfere with the pricing strategy of the retailers."
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Absolut Gustafson follows Absolut Flavour of the Tropics and Absolut Watkins as the latest limited edition travel retail exclusive for the vodka brand. The product will be available for between three and six months.
Flavoured, with cherries, strawberries and cardamon and chai notes, the variant has been created in collaboration with Swedish-born, US-based artist and illustrator Mats Gustafson.
The launch next year will be backed by a marketing campaign in all available media, including brand installations in key duty free/travel retail market arenas.
The product was unveiled at the TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes this week.
This month's management briefing looks at one of the toughtest areas in our - or any other - industry: The rebrand. In this four part-briefing, Richard Woodard looks in depth at all aspects of the min...
In part two of this month's four-part just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard continues to cast his eye over the rebranding process. What are the effects of a rebrand, and how broadly are tho...
Winding up our management briefing for March, Richard Woodard gets the inside track on Pernod Ricard's Plymouth Gin brand, a product that recently underwent a considerable rebrand....
It's been quite a first week for just-drinks' new deputy editor, James Wilmore. By way of introduction to the global drinks industry, he's been out and about already, meeting the likes of Pernod Ricar...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer