Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Absolut Elyx
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Absolut Elyx
Category - Spirits, Swedish vodka, 42.3%
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$49 per one-litre bottle
Pernod Ricard is launching a small-batch vodka under its Swedish Absolut brand.
“With the luxury market on the rise, Absolut Elyx fits a need in the market for an ultra-premium vodka, which is the fastest growing segment of the vodka category,” a Pernod spokesperson said. The bottle is shaped like a decanter with copper flashes.
Pernod first highlighted Elyx in 2011, pledging to bring it to 28 markets.
Is there a brand that has exerted a more profound influence on a drinks category than Absolut Vodka? Ben Cooper doubts it....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts