Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Absolut Craft Herbaceous Lemon
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Absolut Craft Herbaceous Lemon
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured, 41% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide, on-trade
Price - No published SRP
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a new range of Absolut vodka exclusively for bartenders and aimed at "high-end" cocktails.
Absolut Craft Herbaceous Lemon is the first in the Craft portfolio, with two more flavours expected this year, Pernod said last week. It “offers the versatility of vodka with the added complexities of macerations and distillates”, the company said.
A spokesperson told just-drinks the line is only available in on-premise.
To read a comment piece on Pernod's five-year ownership of the Absolut brand, click here.
In a bold move, the world’s number one selling vodka today unveils the details of its newest flavor innovation, ABSOLUT® CRAFT. Co-created with Master Bartender, Nick Strangeway, ABSOLUT CRAFT is a signature collection, designed exclusively for professional bartenders, that offers the versatility of vodka with the added complexities of macerations and distillates.
“ABSOLUT has always maintained an uncompromising belief that to create an exceptional product you must start with exceptional ingredients,” said Maxime Kouchnir, Vice President of Marketing for ABSOLUT. “Continuing in this tradition, each of the three products in the ABSOLUT CRAFT Collection is made entirely from the finest botanicals and natural raw ingredients available, creating a unique and complex flavor experience.”
The first profile of ABSOLUT CRAFT available will be Herbaceous Lemon which, like the others to come, uses at least 12 macerates and/or infusions and distillates to obtain completely distinct and un-replicable blends and flavors. Kouchnir continues, “With the immense amount of new flavored vodkas available today, it was important that we create flavors that bartenders could trust when crafting cocktails. Through the help of one of the world’s most influential bartenders, and by working with 100% natural flavors and seasonal ingredients, we are extremely excited to see what inventive cocktails are created in the on-premise using ABSOLUT CRAFT.”
In a new eye-catching, silver grey bottle that highlights the iconic bottle shape of ABSOLUT, ABSOLUT CRAFT Herbaceous Lemon will be available in 750ml bottles, hitting select markets in April 2013. Look out for the other two profiles emerging later in the year.
Original source: Company Release
The results of a consultation document regarding veryfing the geographical origin and production and aging processes for Scotch whisky will be published in the coming weeks. But, asks, Ian Buxton, is ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Beam Suntory turns Asda Japanese with Midori push
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends