Product Launch - US: Pernod Ricard's Absolut Cilantro
Click through to view Pernod Ricard's Absolut Cilantro
Category - Spirits, vodka, flavoured, 40% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$20.99 per 75cl bottle; also available in 50cl and one-litre bottles
Distribution - Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard has launched a new Absolut vodka extension flavoured with lime and coriander to tap into expected demand for savoury and culinary cocktail ingredients.
Absolut Cilantro is aimed at bartenders looking for the latest trends in mixology, Pernod said yesterday (22 April). “Savory ingredients and culinary cocktails are the top anticipated trends for 2013,” a Pernod spokesperson said. “Cilantro is sure to turn heads and inspire professional and at-home bartenders alike to craft a whole new level of cocktails this summer.”
To read a just-drinks insight into Absolut five years after Pernod bought it, click here.
NEW ABSOLUT® CILANTRO TO INSPIRE EXCEPTIONAL COCKTAILS THIS SUMMER
--Newest Flavor Inspired By Popular Culinary Trend--
NEW YORK, NY (April 22, 2013) - ABSOLUT® VODKA, a leader in flavor innovation, announces the debut of ABSOLUT CILANTRO, the newest innovation to join the ABSOLUT flavor portfolio. Poised to capitalize on ever-expanding cocktail curiosity, ABSOLUT CILANTRO is a contemporary and vibrant flavor expression that combines the distinctly aromatic essence of cilantro with the zesty notes of ripe, juicy lime. With its refreshing flavor profile, ABSOLUT CILANTRO opens the door to tantalizing and creative mixology this summer and is sure to stand out among traditionally flavored vodkas.
“Savory ingredients and culinary cocktails are the top anticipated trends for 2013,” says Maxime Kouchnir, Vice President – Vodkas, Pernod Ricard USA. “ABSOLUT is the pioneer of the flavored vodka market and is passionately committed to the creation of exceptional cocktails. ABSOLUT CILANTRO is the latest example of how ABSOLUT pushes creative boundaries and delivers relevant, on-trend innovation that will lead cocktail culture in an exciting new direction. The distinct taste and artistic design of ABSOLUT CILANTRO are sure to turn heads and inspire professional and at-home bartenders alike to craft a whole new level of inspired cocktails this summer.”
The bottle design for ABSOLUT CILANTRO is bright and energetic, incorporating vibrant splashes of color that bring to life the essence of fresh cilantro and zesty lime in an abstract way. "Our goal with the design," offered Adam Gold, Brand Manager - ABSOLUT, Pernod Ricard USA, "is to conjure the distinct flavors of ABSOLUT CILANTRO in a beautiful bottle that creates appetite appeal and stand-out on back bars, shelves, and home bars.”
Like all ABSOLUT VODKA Flavors, ABSOLUT CILANTRO is made with all natural flavors and no sugar added. Available in May 2013, ABSOLUT CILANTRO (40% ABV) will be offered in 50ml, 750ml and 1L sizes and will retail for a suggested price of $20.99/750ml.
Original source: Company Release
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report