US/CANADA: Pernod Ricard wins right to distribute core Corby Distilleries brands
Pernod Ricard owns at least half of Corby Distilleries
Pernod Ricard USA will distribute Wiser’s Canadian whisky and Polar Ice vodka, the companies announced yesterday (25 September). The agreement dates from 1 July this year to 30 June, 2017 and covers the period when Corby had a temporary agreement with Pernod following the breakup of a deal with long-term distributor McCormick’s Distilling.
Wiser’s had total sales of 760,000 cases in fiscal 2012 and Polar Ice vodka's sales hit around 321,000 cases in fiscal 2011, Corby said. Polar Ice is the third-largest vodka by volume and value in Canada and the second-largest spirit brand overall in the country's on-trade, Corby added.
Corby holds the licence for Pernod's brands in Canada and is around 50%-controlled by the French drinks giant.
In November, Corby offloaded 17 non-core brands to US-based Sazerac Co.
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research