FRANCE: Pernod Ricard ups FY profits forecast
Pernod Ricard benefits from emerging market exposure
Profits from recurring operations are expected to have risen by 4% for the year to the end of June, compared to the prior year, Pernod said in a full-year trading update today (22 July).
The Absolut vodka and Beefeater gin producer previously forecast a 3% rise.
Its higher guidance will lift spirits in the drinks sector, although the firm's sales performance was mixed for the year.
Like-for-like sales, excluding currency losses and disposals, rose by 2% for the year, Pernod said. However, reported sales, with currency accounted for, slipped by 2% for the 12 months.
Buoyancy in Latin America and premium Cognac sales in China helped Pernod to a strong recovery in the second half of the year.
But, while the company reported "a gradual recovery in consumer spending in mature markets", it added that sales continued to fall in Western Europe, and particularly in Spain, UK and Greece, during the second half.
The US, Eastern Europe and travel retail have shown some improvements, the firm said.
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends