UK: Pernod Ricard updates Wyndham Estate direction
A refocus for the Wyndham Estate Bin range will also be announced with the launch of new packaging and new premium varietals including Shiraz Viognier and Shiraz Rosé.
"The UK re-launch of this award-winning brand reinforces Pernod Ricard UK's continued focus on premiumisation, which is the cornerstone of our growth strategy," said Annabelle Kuhn, Pernod's UK head of marketing for wines. "We remain committed to building a world-class, premium wine portfolio and driving value growth, and the launch of the George Wyndham range and refocus of the Bin range is representative of this."
The new George Wyndham range will be targeted at multiple specialists, independent specialists and prestige on-trade. The Bin range will continue to target multiple grocers, convenience stores, multiple specialists and mainstream on-trade.
The collection includes Shiraz 2005, Shiraz Cabernet 2005 and Shiraz Grenache 2005.
Tony Hooper, chief winemaker for Wyndham Estate said: "The George Wyndham Range showcases intense wines that are easy-to-drink, yet full bodied with rich and generous flavours."
Stolichnaya vodka's owner, SPI Group, has signed a distribution deal in the US with William Grant & Sons....
Corby Distilleries has reported a 6% rise in net earnings in its first quarter, thanks to a double-digit revenue rise....
Pernod Ricard UK will be rolling out Ballantine's in-store airport promotions until March 2009 as part of its 'Ballantine's Golf Championship - Players Lounge' campaign....
Chivas Brothers today (10 November) launched a EUR50m (US$64m) global TV and print advertising campaign for Chivas Regal, the company's flagship brand....
Scroll down to view the top 10 stories published on just-drinks this week....
Pernod Ricard has declined to comment on a report that it has appointed investment banks to sell off Spanish vineyards....
SPI Group has appointed Gabriel Bocti as official importer and distributor for Stolichnaya, Stolichnaya Elit, and Moskovskaya vodka in the Lebanese duty paid market....
Pernod Ricard shareholders have elected Pierre Pringuet to be the company's first chief executive from outside of the founding family....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research