UK: Pernod Ricard updates Malibu for UK
The company said late last week that it is investing GBP6m (US$12m) in the campaign, which involves the introduction of new packaging launched in the US earlier in the year.
To coincide with the launch, Pernod has also introduced a gamecard-driven instant win campaign to the on-trade, where consumers can win a 'shopper' bag. In the off-trade, customers will receive the bag when they buy two bottles of Malibu. A new 'Pitcher Pack' campaign will be launched in leading supermarkets across the UK offering a free branded plastic jug with every bottle of Malibu purchased. Banded packs of Malibu and Jacob's Creek Shiraz Rose are also being sold in Asda, JS and Morrisons as part of a summer promotion.
In tandem with these campaigns, Pernod also plans to introduce a 'Malibu Hot' campaign to promote Malibu and cranberry as a choice mixer for the summer.
Pernod Ricard UK's head of light spirits Jo Spencer said: "The various summer campaigns recognise the brand's outstanding performance and invite consumers to sample this season's hottest item."
Pernod recently began an online competition on YouTube.com to promote tropical banana flavour Malibu. YouTube users were invited to submit video interpretations, inspired by the updated theme song Banana Boat (Day-O). Malibu enlisted producer and DJ RJD2 to create the remix of the song which served as the musical template for the contest.
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Pernod Ricard is set to launch a limited edition Martell VSOP Cognac into travel retail in Singapore to support the beginning of a five-year partnership with the Royal Palace of Versailles in France....
Pernod Ricard has lined up an international advertising campaign for its Tia Maria liqueur brand....
Chivas Brothers, Pernod Ricard's Scotch whisky and gin arm, has unveiled a raft of gift offerings to be launched across a range of international markets over the festive season....
Morgan Stanley's stake in Pernod Ricard has fallen follwing the sale of shares on the market, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard's second largest shareholder has become the US bank Morgan Stanley....
Pernod Ricard is taking its Internet sales portal BarPremium, dedicated to top of the range products, into a number of French hypermarkets in the run-up to the festive season....
Speculation over the last year regarding the future of Vin & Sprit has failed to disrupt operations at the Swedish state-owned company, according to its CEO....
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Travel Retail model "not sustainable" - Pernod CEO
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts