UK: Pernod Ricard unveils online drink-drive awareness campaign
Pernod Ricard has worked with the AA since 2010
The adverts, targetting 18 to 24 year-olds, will warn about the dangers of driving to watch summer sports events at pubs and friends' houses. The ads, which will appear on sites including Facebook and Spotify, will run until the end of September, Pernod announced today (30 July).
“We encourage all consumers to accept responsibility and enjoy themselves throughout the summer without putting themselves, or others, at risk,” said Denis O’Flynn, MD of Pernod Ricard UK, which has worked with the AA promoting responsible drinking since 2010.
“We firmly believe that educational campaigns and industry/government partnerships are the most effective methods to target alcohol misuse,” O'Flynn said.
In May, the Scottish government unveiled plans to lower its drink-drive limit.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
The world's largest spirits groups are continuing to increase their share of the global spirits market, a new report from Euromonitor International has found....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research