UK: Pernod Ricard unveils online drink-drive awareness campaign
Pernod Ricard has worked with the AA since 2010
The adverts, targetting 18 to 24 year-olds, will warn about the dangers of driving to watch summer sports events at pubs and friends' houses. The ads, which will appear on sites including Facebook and Spotify, will run until the end of September, Pernod announced today (30 July).
“We encourage all consumers to accept responsibility and enjoy themselves throughout the summer without putting themselves, or others, at risk,” said Denis O’Flynn, MD of Pernod Ricard UK, which has worked with the AA promoting responsible drinking since 2010.
“We firmly believe that educational campaigns and industry/government partnerships are the most effective methods to target alcohol misuse,” O'Flynn said.
In May, the Scottish government unveiled plans to lower its drink-drive limit.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
The world's largest spirits groups are continuing to increase their share of the global spirits market, a new report from Euromonitor International has found....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends