US: Pernod Ricard unveils Olmeca Altos redesign
Click through to view the new packaging for Pernod Ricard's Olmeca Altos Tequila
The new packaging includes an easy-pour bottle and a wooden cap designed to appeal to bartenders and encourage them to promote it on-premise, the group said today (3 September). “Educating bartenders about Tequila has been key to our strategy for Altos as we introduced the brand to key markets over the last couple of years,” said international VP for Olmeca Olivier Fages.
“Bartenders around the world are hungrier than ever right now for innovation.”
Last year, Olmeca Altos was launched in test cities including Chicago and Denver. It was first launched in selected markets worldwide in 2009 and last year a UK ambassador for the brand was appointed.
Pernod plans to release the new packaging across the US this month before being rolled out into global markets over the next 12 months.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends